0. Upload the new firmware you got from http://www.sun.com/download (hvb.sunsolve, sunsolve.hvb) with a browser.
This will, once you accept the certificate, show you the current Firmware patch, and allow you to upload a new patch.
1. Connect to the serial console:
ssh -l console@host
Break to XSCF via #.
2. Make sure the cluster resources are on the other node.
cluster status, or hastatus -sum, etc.
3. Put the machine into the ok prompt via ssh session:
3a. In case this doesn’t work as intended:
Wait a bit for /sbin/init to work it’s magic, and check via truss -p
If this fails:
4. On the XSCF: power off the domains:
poweroff -d 0
poweroff -d 1
5. Check to see if the system is down:
Make sure the WHOLE system is down. This should be the very last message you see in the output of showlogs power!!!
6. Flash the XSCF and the domains:
flashupdate -c update -m xcp -s
This takes approx. 30 minutes. Check by trying to connect to the console, if nothing happens for some time (console -d 0).
flashupdate will flash the xscf AND all domains. You do not have to issue the command more than once.
7. Check the version:
version -c xcp
8. Poweron the domains:
poweron -d 0
poweron -d 1
9. Check on the console if the domain is up or in ok prompt:
console -d 0
10. If it is in ok prompt:
10a. If it is booting: