Every few months, a big story comes out proclaiming that we’re in another bubble. It reminds me of the “downfall of Apple” nonsense — everyone wants to be the first to correctly “call” what is inevitable (that Apple will fall at some point, as all companies do — and that the tech scene will be hit by hard times again, as all scenes are).
…we often get no facts in these bubble stories, just a bunch of vague fear mongering. The same kind we got a year and a half ago. And a year before that. And a year before that. Etc.
Much respect for his writing usually, but I strongly disagree with this.
We are in a tech bubble. Show me any company in this industry, ANY at all, besides Apple, possibly Google, and Microsoft, that has a sustainable business model and is not bleeding money.
– Show me GUI’s before Mac OS
– Show me mp3 player before the iPod
– Show me mobile OS’s before iOS
– Show me smartphones before the iPhone
– Show me SMS before the iPhone
– Show me tablet computers before the iPad
– Show me online services selling music, movies, books, etc. before iTunes
– Show me All-in-one computers before the iMac
– Show me laptops before the MacBook Air