Late last year a headline made the rounds in the press: OMG! WTF?! iPhones are burning! On a plane!
I’m sure you remember all the bad press Apple got for it. Guess what?
Turns out the passenger who’s iPhone started smoking and burning had it repaired at an unauthorized repair shop, which left a lose screw in it, which in turn punctured the battery.
The Australian Transport Safety Bureau conducted an investigation, and that was their finding.
I’m sure the press is busy to get a story out how they were wrong, and it wasn’t Apple’s fault at all. Right…